These quick cocoa oats are made on the stovetop in less than 10 minutes- perfect for Valentine’s Day or any day you feel like having chocolate for breakfast.
This recipe includes high fibre ingredients, like oats and chia seeds, to help keep you full through the morning while also including cocoa and optional topics for a satisfying breakfast.
If you struggle to include breakfast, planning and prep can make all the difference. These quick cocoa oats can be made ahead of time and served cold or reheated the next morning. Let’s talk about the toppings you can use to balance these out and make them to your taste preferences.
Mix and match your favourite flavours to level-up this oatmeal to your liking and add more nutrients and flavours.
Fruit: sliced banana, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, chopped pear.
Protein: greek yogurt, walnuts, slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, melted peanut butter.
Extras: shredded coconut, chocolate chips, cinnamon.
Quick Cocoa Oats
- 1 1/2 cups milk or milk alternative
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring milk to a gentle boil.
- Add oats and cocoa powder. Stir and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring gently.
- Stir in the chia seeds, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Serve warm with your choice of toppings; such as, berries, banana, peanut butter, coconut, or a few chocolate chips.
How will you make your quick cocoa oats?
Let me know below how you will be making these oats.
Find more delicious family friendly recipes HERE