This easy honey lime shrimp recipe is a 20 minute meal with only a few basic ingredients, making it an easy meal to pull off during the busy work week.
The honey lime marinade is flavourful and fresh, perfect for the summer. You can always swap the shrimp for other proteins such as tofu, chicken, or scallops.
Meal planning tip:
Often coming up with quick meal ideas is the most difficult part to healthy eating. Keep easy recipes in one place for pulling out ideas when meal planning for the week. For example, brainstorm your top family friendly recipes and keep them on the fridge, in your note section of your phone, or in a meal planning binder for when you lack meal ideas.
Honey Lime Shrimp
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp chilli powder
- 1 lb shrimp, frozen, thawed and peeled
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cups snap peas
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, lime juice, lime zest, soya sauce, minced garlic and chilli powder. Stir together well.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add the oil and allow the pan to heat up.
- Add the shrimp and after cooking for 1-2 minutes, flip the shrimp over cooking for another 1-2 minutes until shrimp turns pink. *If you are using cooked shrimp you can skip this step and add directly to the pan with the honey lime mixture.
- Mix in the honey lime marinade to the pan and stir well until sauce is well incorporated.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Cook the vegetables in the same pan with the honey lime mixture cooking for 5 minutes, and then add the shrimp back to the pan at the end.
- Serve with rice, quinoa, or couscous.
For more family friendly recipes, look HERE
Do you need help with meal planning for the week? Book your FREE 15 minute discovery call HERE