These baked carrot cake bites make a perfect sweet snack or dessert for spring. This recipe is also gluten-free and vegan, a great option for those with dietary restrictions.
Unlike other energy bites, these are baked for a real cake-like texture. They taste just like mini carrot cake with way less effort and fuss.
This recipe uses oat flour, which you can purchase or simply pulse oats in a food processor until the oats are a flour-like consistency. You can use this oat flour trick to replace flour in many baking recipes. If you are preparing these for someone with celiac disease, choose oats that are certified gluten-free. The Celiac Association released a statement that most oats in North America are cross-contaminated unless certified gluten-free.
With a blend of warm spices, maple syrup and coconut oil, although these are simple ingredients, they come together with a pack of flavour. Grating the carrot very finely is also key with this recipe.
Satisfaction with foods is so important, if you find you are constantly craving sweets, it is better to start incorporating some fun sweet foods into your day to day. These baked carrot cake bites make the perfect sweet addition to your meals and snacks.
If you are looking for a raw carrot cake bite, you can also find tons of great recipes online by searching google here
Carrot Cake Bites
- 1 cup oat flour *if you don't have oat flour, pulse the oats in a blender until flour like consistency.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated very finely
- 2 tbsp raisins optional
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, stir together the oat flour, coconut, baking powder, and spices.
- Add the grated carrots, raisins, maple syrup and melted coconut oil into the bowl.
- Stir together well until mixture is incorporated well.
- Roll mixture into 1 tablespoon sized balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool and enjoy.
Let me know if you try these by leaving a comment below, and remember to pin it on Pinterest.
For more family friendly recipe ideas click HERE